The most well-published community-based lifestyle intervention in the medical literature is also one of the most effective.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/healthkit.
This is the second in a 4-video series on CHIP, the Complete Health Improvement Program. In case you missed the first one, check out What is the Optimal Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-optimal-diet). Stay tuned for CHIP, the Complete Health Improvement Program (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chip-the-complete-health-improvement-program) and A Workplace Wellness Program that Works (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/a-workplace-wellness-program-that-works).
I’m on a year-long deep dive into the science of obesity for my next book (How Not to Diet). I’m so excited about all I’m learning and can’t wait to share!
Here’s a few videos on weight control to tide you over until then:
• How Diet Soda Could Make Us Gain Weight (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-diet-soda-could-make-us-gain-weight/)
• Diet or Exercise: What’s More Important for Weight Loss? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/diet-or-exercise-whats-more-important-for-weight-loss/)
• Meat and Weight Gain in the Panacea Study (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/meat-and-weight-gain-in-the-panacea-study/)
• Animal Protein, Pregnancy, and Childhood Obesity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Animal-Protein-Pregnancy-and-Childhood-Obesity)
• Is Obesity Infectious? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-obesity-infectious)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-weight-loss-program-that-got-better-with-time and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-weight-loss-program-that-got-better-with-time. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: CDC/Dawn Arlotta / Free Stock Photos
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/